Back to top
Helping students, teachers and careers advisers
Find out what it’s like to pursue a digital career with the BigAmbition websites.
Students, teachers and advisers can get a real insight into the opportunities available with careers in IT in a variety of companies, including retail, travel and media. The sites focus on the many local opportunities for young people in these vibrant IT sectors.
We have a dedicated site for England with BigAmbition England, for Wales with BigAmbition Wales and for Scotland with BigAmbition Scotland.
How BigAmbition gets young people interested in IT careers
Aimed at 14-19 year olds, BigAmbition covers all aspects of working in IT in a fun, interactive way. Visitors can:
- hear about life as an IT professional by watching any of over 75 video interviews
- find out about potential employers through company-profile videos featuring big names like Microsoft, BBC and BT
- discover the perfect IT job using interactive games and quizzes
- learn about current technology career trends through news articles
- open up opportunities through competitions giving entrants the chance to win work experience or other valuable prizes
What kind of impact has BigAmbition had on young people?
In a survey of site users, 81% say they are more likely to consider pursuing an IT degree or career after using the site.
BigAmbition is also having an impact on the gender imbalance in IT, since 73% of registered users are girls.
What employers say
“BigAmbition is a great site that is really raising the profile of IT as interesting and rewarding career choice… I urge anyone interested in IT as a career to take a look at the site and see what you can look forward to working at BA and other employers."
Paul Coby, IT Director, John Lewis
Visit www.bigambition.co.uk, www.bigambitionscotland.com or www.bigambitionwales.com