Back to top
Helping students, teachers and careers advisers
Discover the advantages of an IT career in Northern Ireland with Bring IT On NI.
With a website and a full programme of live events, Bring IT On NI aims to get 14-19 year olds excited about IT careers by showing them how technology impacts their daily lives. It also shows how the wealth of IT career opportunities in Northern Ireland makes it a rewarding career choice.
How Bring IT On NI gets young people interested in technology
Visitors to the Bring IT On NI website can:
- get excited about technology through features showing the connections between technology and music, fashion, gaming and more
- learn about local IT career opportunities through company profiles that showcase top NI organisations
- find out what IT professionals can accomplish by reading employee profiles
- find out about higher education opportunities through university and degree listings
What kind of events does Bring IT On NI offer?
- University open days: helping 17-18 year olds find out more about IT degree programmes.
- Regional Bring IT On events: a full day of interactive tasks designed to give 14-16 year olds and their teachers a better idea of what a digital career involves.
- University awareness events: career information for students who chose an ICT course on their UCAS form, or students who are finishing the first year of their degree.
- In-school events: similar to regional events, but for groups of schools.
- Individual school engagement: an introduction to technology careers for 17-18 year olds. Priority is given to learners and schools that don’t traditionally participate in Bring IT On.
- National IT Skills events: a day-long event that gives 17-18 year olds a look at the rewards of an IT career.
- Teacher update days: leading IT employers give career and technology information to A-Level ICT teachers.
- Career connections: careers talks, stands and presentations given at the request of local schools, Business Employer Partnerships and Area Learning Communities.
See forthcoming events
What impact has Bring IT On had on young people in Northern Ireland?
We can reach over 10,000 students, parents, and teachers annually with 150 events a year. The website expands our reach even further, helping us to increase the numbers of young people interested in technology careers.