The ITMB degree is different
Back to top
Unlike traditional business and IT degrees, the ITMB degree has been specially developed in association with employers to give graduates an excellent mix of both business and IT skills, as well as highly sought after team working and communications skills.
Employers want to hire graduates who are as confident with their business skills as they are with their IT knowledge – this is why they have helped develop the course. If students are proficient in both these areas, their transferable skills will stand out to potential employers, putting them head and shoulders above other graduates in an ever-competitive job market.
The ITMB degree will provide students with a thorough grounding in IT, project management skills and entrepreneurial ways of thinking. Employers are involved at every stage of the course, giving advice and valuable feedback. Students will develop a wide set of technical skills and be able to use them across a broad set of projects. Specialist courses in project management and entrepreneurship will complement their technical abilities.
What kind of job can students expect to get with an ITMB degree? Graduates will be ready for roles in IT management, business strategy and planning, system design and IT consultancy.
ITMB course aims
To equip students with problem solving, entrepreneurial, technical and management skills to play a key role in a rapidly changing IT and business environment.
- ITMB students will attend specialist 'guru lectures' (where industry leaders give talks and impart their knowledge and expertise to students) and other UK-wide initiatives developed specifically for universities offering the ITMB degree.
- Students will work closely with business mentors on team-based project work in order to develop highly sought-after transferable skills.
- Students will tackle real business problems and projects geared to real work situations.
- Students will be able to get direct feedback on their CV and interview technique from employers.
- Students will be able to meet industry leaders and ask them questions.
- Students will visit companies and meet employees, helping them to make informed career choices as a result.
- Students will link up with ITMB students from other universities, giving them access to an exclusive network.