Back to top
Boost your IT skills – and your career
Designed by employers to meet the needs of today’s businesses, ITQ is the IT user qualification that helps you acquire the skills you need to do your job more effectively.
Why do ITQ for individuals?
Being IT literate and using technology is now increasingly important in getting a job, with 92% of jobs advertised requiring IT skills.
With ITQ you can:
- show current and future employers you’ve achieved a nationally recognised IT qualification
- improve your IT skills and use IT more effectively and productively in your job
- identify and fill any IT skills gaps
- use your workplace experience to count towards ITQ
What does ITQ cover?
There are a wide range of units to choose from, including:
- word processing
- IT security
- IT maintenance
What do I need to do to get started?
- Find a local training centre.
- Think about the skills you need to do a better job at work. Perhaps ask your boss or manager what IT skills he/she needs from you.
- Find any IT certificates you’ve done in the past so the centre can check they’re up-to-date and relevant.
- Think about the IT skills gaps you need to fill.
Identify how much study and practice time you have.